Your Ultimate Guide to the Pearson Test of English Academic Review Course Outline
Do you want to boost your Pearson Test of English Academic review preparation? Then read and follow this test taker’s guide to the PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline.
PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline
The PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline is a compilation of lectures and materials about the PTE Academic Test. It is based on the main communicative skills such as listening, reading, speaking and writing, as well as the sub-skills as listed in the Official Guide to PTE Academic. Each PTE Academic sub-skill is presented in order, with correlation to the PTE Academic question types where each sub-skill is tested. Since the course outline follows the organization of the Official Guide, sub-skills are listed where they occur in the Official Guide; for instance, note-taking from a lecture is included as a writing skill, as well as an integrated skill in the listening test.
How to Use the PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline
If you’re a student enrolled in a review center for PTE in Makati, it is essential to know the intricacies of using this PTE Academic course outline in your exam preparation. To help you achieve this, check out these practical tips on how to use the PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline.
• The PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline consists of three columns for each main communicative skill. These are the sub-skills, question types, and areas for lesson focus.
• Examine each sub-skill. Each sub-skill contains several question types and pointers that you need to do in order to boost your exam preparation. To guide you more, check this sample table:
|Sub-skills||Question types||Areas for lesson focus|
|Identifying the topic||• Speaking: Re-tell lecture||• Recognizing signal language|
|• Speaking: Answer short question||• Identifying main ideas|
|• Listening: Summarize spoken text||• Distinguishing the central idea from details|
|• Listening: Multiple choice, choose multiple answers||• Concluding the situational context of what you hear.|
|• Listening: Highlight correct summary|
|• Listening: Multiple choice, choose single answer|
|• Listening: Select missing word|
• For each sub-skill, read and examine the areas for lesson focus. Use these pointers as your guide when answering question types covered by the sub-skill.
• The Pearson Test of English Academic Review Course Outline consists of more than 50 sub-skills and areas for lesson focus. It is best to study at least five sub-skills per day. Keep in mind that a specific question type can be covered by more than one sub-skill.
• Don’t forget to highlight or cross-out all the sub-skills that you have learned in the PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline.
Do you want to know more about the PTE Academic Preparation Course Outline? Click here to find out more!
Need more? Enroll now in a JRooz PTE Makati and go to our blog to get the latest PTE Academic news and updates, test-taking tips, and note-taking techniques!