PTE Hacks: How to Be More Productive
For some PTE takers, the most challenging part of preparing for the high-stakes exam is not the review itself. But, how to stay productive during review. And, no, this has nothing to do with their study approach.
Exam takers who are preparing with an excellent training course—like the one offered at the PTE review center in Baguio—are just as likely to procrastinate or experience study slumps as their self-studying counterparts.
If you find yourself struggling to stay productive during your review, then this article is for you! Here are some tips to help you stay on top of your game during your test preparations.
- Plan out your entire PTE preparation period. Establish how many weeks (or days!) you have left before your PTE test date. Then, plan out when and what you’ll study each day. Consider your personal commitments and PTE course schedule—if you’re currently enrolled in a PTE review center—when you create your study timetable.
- Make a habit out of enhancing your English skills. Select an English-enhancing activity and make it a part of your daily routine. Here are some examples.
– browsing a current affairs website for at least half an hour every day
– listening to audiobooks and podcasts during your daily commute
– writing a journal/blog entry before you go to bed every night
You can also examine and tweak your current hobbies so that they can help improve your communicative skills.
- Review your PTE training materials every day. Yes, you read that right, every day. When you run out of things to study, review your lectures notes and practice tests from your PTE review center It’ll help you remember them better—not only until your test date but beyond it as well.
- Get adequate sleep. Being sleep deprived does not only affect your awareness but your cognitive faculties as well. It decreases your ability to focus on tasks and retain information. Both of which can bring down your productivity. So, always get enough sleep. Make sure you’re not sleep-deprived when you have classes at the PTE review center in Baguio.
- Group your errands. If you have a busy schedule, this is a great way to increase your PTE study time. Instead of going to the grocery store three times a week, pick up everything you need in a single trip.
Don’t confine your study productivity in your PTE review center classroom. Take active measures to develop your linguistic skills outside of it as well. Make the most out of your test preparation period with these productivity-boosting tips.