PTE Tips: How to Mentally Prepare for the PTE Exam
There are two ways you can prepare for the Pearson test of English: by self-studying or by enrolling in a review center. Of the two options, the latter is arguably more efficient.
Attending a training program, like the one offered in the PTE review Cebu, will give you insider knowledge of the high-stakes test. Most instructors have taken PTE before, and you can learn a lot from their experience. Match their teachings with your own studies, and you will definitely have a shot at reaching your score goal.
Enrolling in an excellent facility like the PTE review Cebu, however, is not the only thing you need to do to ace the test. You must also learn how to prepare mentally. A negative mindset—typically in the form of anxiety, stress, and uncertainty—can cause mental blocks and linguistic lapses. Use the following tips to get yourself in the right mindset and avoid these problems.
BEFORE THE EXAM DATE
• Condition your mind to be active on the time of your exam—especially if it is set in a during a dull time, such as the early afternoon.• Condition your mind to be active on the time of your exam—especially if it is set in a during a dull time, such as the early afternoon.
• When taking a high-stakes exam like the Pearson test of English, it is normal to doubt your abilities despite your preparations. Do not fuel your negative thoughts by interacting with pessimistic people. Surround yourself with supportive people to boost your review morale.
• Keep your study space organized. Remember, a cluttered space leads to a cluttered mind.
• Monitor your preparation progress. Make a list of all the topics you need to learn for the exam. Rank them according to importance and set a deadline for each one. Follow your study schedule carefully to stave off test anxiety and maintain your review momentum.
ON THE EXAM DATE
• Arrive at the Pearson test of English testing center early so you can have a few minutes to settle down. Showing up late, stressed and anxious, will only derail your test mindset.
• Drown out your doubts with positive affirmations. Remind yourself constantly that you prepared for the exam and that you are ready.
• Eat something light before the test. A heavy meal will only make you drowsy and slow down your thinking processes.
• Ignore your fellow test takers. You will only stress out yourself if you compare their progress with yours.
• Do not waste your time deliberating over a difficult item. Skip the questions you cannot answer immediately. If you still have time after going over the entire exam, go back and check it.
No matter how hard you study for the Pearson test of English, your efforts can go to waste if you do not prepare mentally for the exam. Use these tips to get the right mindset and improve your test performance.