5 Things PTE Test Takers Should Know About Exam Registration
Before diving into your PTE review, it is vital that you register on the test’s official website. Not only will this allow you to establish your test date and boost your study motivation, but it will also ensure that everything goes well when you take the exam.
If you wait until the last minute to register, there is a huge chance that you will encounter a lot of problems. For instance, the test date that you want may no longer have any vacant slots. Likewise, you may not have enough time to complete the documents needed to take the PTE exam. Avoid these problems. Register before you immerse yourself in your PTE training.
To avoid any issues during registration, here are five things that you must know about the process.
1. You need your parent’s consent if you are aged 17 or below.
To take the PTE exam, you must be over the age of 16. If you are 16 or 17 years old when you register, PTE administrators will ask you to present proof that your parents gave you their permission to take the exam. You can get a copy of the Parental Consent form by visiting PTE’s official website or by contacting the customer service branch in your area.
2. You need to create a web account on the PTE site to register.
Here’s how you create your PTE account:
- Go to PTE’s official website.
- Click on the “Book Now” bar at the top right hand of the page.
- Click on the “Create Account” bar to start your sign up.
- Provide all the required details. Make sure all the information you entered is accurate and up-to-date.
If you are already enrolled in a PTE training facility, you can ask your instructor to guide you during your account creation to make sure you do not overlook anything.
3. You need to enter your details exactly as it appears on your ID.
There are only two ways to book the PTE exam: contact the PTE call center in your area or register online. If you decide to go with the latter, it is crucial that the name in your account matches with the ID you plan to take on the test date. PTE administrators will not allow you to take the exam if they don’t coincide. If you are already attending a PTE review program, you can ask your instructor to guide you through the registration process.
4. You need to have a payment channel accepted by PTE.
Make sure you have any of the following payment methods ready when you register:
- MasterCard or Visa debit cards;
- MasterCard, Visa, JRB, or American Express credit cards; and
- Vouchers and promotion codes.
If your voucher cannot cover the full exam fee, then you have to pay the remaining balance. Take note also that PTE does not accept payments made through PayPal. If you do not have a bank account, you can pay for the exam using a card that is registered under a different name like your parent’s or guardian’s card. You can ask your PTE review instructor for more details about voucher programs.
5. You cannot register directly at a PTE test facility
As mentioned before, you can only book the test by contacting your region’s customer service team or registering online.
Do you want to learn more about the registration and scheduling process of the high-stakes exam? Enroll in PTE Academic today! Get to know the test inside out with one of the country’s best PTE review centers.